• When you are at peace, you learn to be grateful, and when you are grateful, you end up being happy. So, meditation and happiness are connected.
• Meditation is something which can be practiced by anyone. It is not connected with any religious beliefs or dogma of any kind.
• When you start meditating it’s not going to be easy. Trust me. Unless you’re a really calm person.
• Today I meditated after a long time. I had to calm my raging mind. And it wasn’t easy.
• But then again, meditation does not work overnight. Like exercise, it has to be practiced overtime in order to reap it’s benefits.
• I felt so much calmer after the 10 mins of meditation. My head stopped aching and I stopped over thinking.
• In this fast-moving world, with all the digital distractions coupled with our ability to over think, we end up being depressed and unhappy.
• We tend to lose interest in our health because we have so many things to distract us from our well-being.
• My advice would be to start meditating for atleast 10 mins a day. It will really change your life and your health will improve manifold.
• Meditation is really simple.
• All you have to do is :
> Download the ‘Headspace App’ or ‘Calm App’. (You can also meditate without the apps, but the guided meditation provided in these apps make meditation really simple.)
> Sit in a quiet place.
> Close your eyes.
> Concentrate on your breathing.
> Observe the sounds around you.
> When your mind wanders off, focus your attention back to your breath.
> Do this for 10 mins a day and you will see how wonderful you feel.
Thank you for reading! ❤